Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Open Question: Why wouldn't I have been treated for histoplasmosis?




Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Why wouldn't I have been treated for histoplasmosis?



When I was between 11-13, I had a chest CT scan due to severe chest pain. I have been told that they found an area on my lung that is believed to be histoplasmosis. I am now 21 years of age and have never been treated for the disease. It doesn't generally bother me, but sometimes I get really bad pain on my left side (the affected side) that makes it difficult to breathe. I haven't had it checked out since the CT scan, because I can't afford health insurance at the moment. I plan on getting it examined and treated as soon as I can get insurance, which should be sometime this year. But my biggest question is, why wouldn't they have investigated it further when I was younger, and treated it then? I believe I have had it since I was much younger, because I had had those episodes of chest pain for years but never told anyone until it got severe. Also, I've read that the symptoms of TB and histoplasmosis are similar, so is there any possibility that having histoplasmosis could make the infected person a "false positive" when tested for TB? I only ask because most of the TB tests I have gotten came up positive, even though I don't have TB and never have. My final question is this: Having been left untreated for so long, am I at risk for serious complications or even death from this disease? Would it only spread if I have a compromised immune system? Thanks for all of the information. I've been doing some research online but most websites seem to just give the basics (i.e. what it is, symptoms, and how it's treated).







Search for "health insurance"





Rivals looking to chip away at Romney in NH



With his family behind him, Republican presidential candidate, former Massachusetts Gov.







health insurance - Twitter Search





California Health Insurance Providers http://t.co/MvcbIj85



California Health Insurance Providers http://t.co/MvcbIj85







Delicious/tag/health%20insurance





Economic Scene - Real Choice? It’s Off-Limits in Health Bills - NYTimes.com







Google Videos - health insurance






Its about economy of scale. When you sign up for healthcare coverage, you join a group of other people to combine your healthcare purchasing power ...

youtube.com








health insurance - Google News





Mitt Romney's 'Firing' Comments Highlight Insufficiencies Of Health Care Proposal - ThinkProgress




ThinkProgress

Mitt Romney's 'Firing' Comments Highlight Insufficiencies Of Health Care Proposal
ThinkProgress
By Igor Volsky on Jan 10, 2012 at 10:26 am Yesterday, I offered some context to Mitt Romney's “I like being able to fire people” comment, arguing that his call for a greater reliance on individual health insurance plans would increase costs for many ...
Mitt Romney Challenged In New Hampshire Over Health Care Reform (VIDEO)Huffington Post
What Mitt Romney means when he talks about firing insurance companiesWashington Post (blog)
In New Hampshire, Romney's Comments Draw Fire From RivalsKaiser Health News
New York Times (blog) -ABC News (blog) -The Atlantic
all 1,332 news articles »







No comments:

Post a Comment