Saturday, February 25, 2012

Open Question: Is a job in car sales to much of a risk for someone with a decent job?




Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Is a job in car sales to much of a risk for someone with a decent job?



I currently work at Wal-mart Its just a decent job and I make about $24,000 a year with insurance, vacation time, sick time, and a guaranteed check. Only downfall is I work night shift which I hate and I'm an hourly supervisor so my pay is about is high as I will go unless I get into a salaried job with them (which I am eligible for) which starts out at $38,000 a year as an assistant manager.

Well I just had an interview with a smaller dealership for a sales representative and it went really well and they want me to come back for another interview with the sales manager in a couple days. I don't have any sales experience other then retail sales at walmart so I'm a little iffy getting paid by commission since its not a guaranteed check but I'm really intrigued by car sales and its something I've always wanted to get into.

This dealerships commission structure goes by how many cars you sell per month and has dollar amount for different ranges...its not your typical percentage on how much the car was sold for. They are a dealership that is pretty much for people with no credit or bad credit so its not really high dollar cars. Their standards they want you at as a sales rep are 20-23 cars per month which pays out $200 per car so thats around $4000 a month...Commission is paid twice per month...Health insurance is offered at a discount...they sell around 1700 units or cars total per year.

My main concerns are should I quit wal-mart for the opportunity to make a lot more money? Only thing that scares me is not having any prior sales experience which they said they prefer to not have as they will train me. I honestly think I could do well if i get this job but the thought of giving up a guaranteed pay check for something I've never done before scares me a little...After reading all of that what do you guys think? Is it to much of a risk? or one worth taking






No comments:

Post a Comment