Friday, February 3, 2012

New Legislation Would Pad Health Insurance Coffers While ...




health insurance - Google Blog Search





New Legislation Would Pad Health Insurance Coffers While ...



As part of the Affordable Care Act, health insurers must spend at least 80% of the money they earn from premiums on actually providing health care, with the remaining cash used to cover all administrative, advertising and ...







Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Claiming Independence?



I am a full time college student who is living away from home in another state. My tuition is paid for by a private loan, that was consigned by my dad. I also have other loans to cover the cost. The loans cover my rent and other expenses.

This past year I had a part time job that provided me with spending money. I made about $13,000 and so now here comes my confusion. Would it be beneficial for me to be claimed by my parents or should I claim myself?

The loans pay my rent, car insurance, electricity, and cable bills. But all of the gas cost, credit card bills, and phone bill is what I pay. My parents only pay my health insurance. Would that mean I supported myself or my parents did since the loan was in my Dad's name?

Another complication is that I'm living with my boyfriend who had a hard time finding a job last year. He lived with me all year, both of us rarely going back home to visit family. Even then, the most we spent at home added up to maybe 1 month. The lease is in my name and a family member said that I can claim him as a dependent but if my parents claim me on theirs, I can't file taxes. His parents already filed their taxes so they can't claim him if my parents claim me.

Help me! What should I do?? Does that mean I'm a dependent or not? What would benefit me more? Thanks for your help and sorry for the long story!!
To clarify, I'm 21. My boyfriend did not make any money at all last year. And the most I spent at my parents' house was maybe a month. I spend all of my time here at school, although technically i live in an apartment. I didn't change my residency yet if that matters. Sorry for any confusion and thanks for the help!
And he's been living with me since late 2010












Health Advocate, Inc. Selected By Highmark Inc. To Offer New Advocacy Service



myCare Navigator will allow Highmark members 24/7 access to a Care Advocate

(PRWeb February 03, 2012)

Read the full story at







health insurance - Google News





Branstad: Officials should pay part of health care - Chicago Tribune




The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines (blog)

Branstad: Officials should pay part of health care
Chicago Tribune
Terry Branstad urged the Legislature on Friday to require elected officials to pay more for their health care coverage. Speaking on the public television program, "Iowa Press," Branstad suggested that elected officials pay 20 percent of their health ...
Branstad says elected officials should “lead by example” on health insurance costsRadio Iowa
Branstad wants elected officials to lead by paying 20 percent of health ...The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines (blog)

all 44 news articles »







No comments:

Post a Comment