Friday, May 25, 2012

Open Question: Do I Have to Respond to a Medical Questionnaire from a Subrogation Law Firm?




Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Do I Have to Respond to a Medical Questionnaire from a Subrogation Law Firm?



My health insurance provider mailed me a questionnaire regarding a treatment I received for a back injury. It was a check-box form and wanted to know if my injury was auto related, slip and fall, work injury. They wanted details and wanted me to send the form to a law firm. No where in the letter did it state that I had to respond in order to maintain coverage.

I did not respond. Today I received the same questionnaire directly from the law firm. Again, it did not state that I had to reply only that it appreciated my cooperation.

Am I legally or otherwise contractually bound to respond? Will I be dropped if I do not respond. I do now feel comfortable providing my medical information to a law firm, to me this is akin to ambulance chasing. I could find no clause in my insurance contract saying that I was obligated to respond. Before I contact them or this law firm, I am looking for any and all help. Thank you.







health insurance - Google News





Health care move panned - Daily Mail - Charleston




Health care move panned
Daily Mail - Charleston
Critics worry the agency is in a rush to turn over the care of a group of 57000 elderly or disabled Medicaid patients to three health insurance companies. The critics question whether DHHR has carefully thought out the plan.
Medicaid coverage deemed inadequateThe Columbian

all 7 news articles »







No comments:

Post a Comment