Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Open Question: Problems with my mom?




Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Problems with my mom?



I have terrible anxiety and depression. This started when I entered junior high around the age of 12-13. I was sexually harassed by my friend’s brother. It never became physically, but it still haunts me at 23. There were several situations that were terrifying to me. Once when I was getting out of school, he tried to grab me on the butt, but ended up breaking my backpack since I had it on so low. Another situation was when I was at my friend’s house and he was bothering me and kept making sex noises. I asked to use a phone so I could call my mom to pick me up and when they refused, I walked a few blocks to a payphone. He ended up following me and tried to drag me back and even tried to cuff my arms so I couldn’t move. There happened to be guys across the street so I yelled loudly for him to get off me. Once they looked at him, he backed off and went home. The last situation was when I was at their house. My friend had left to use the restroom. When she left, he jumped on top of me and wouldn’t get off of me. I took my foot a kicked him…hard. He ended up hitting his head on a nearby chair.

My problem is this still scares me. Because of what he did I am terrified of being alone with a man by myself. This is probably the reason why I am overly shy and have never had a boyfriend in my life. I haven’t even been kissed and I’m 23! I don’t want to be like this anymore. I want to get married and have kids. I want to be happy, but because of my depression I have gained so much weight that I feel ugly. I used to be an active girl. I wasn’t good at sports, but I was always skinny and now I am very obese at 230 pounds.

I have no health insurance. My mom is on a fixed income and only makes about $800 a month and this has to pay for bills and everything. And I am terrified of getting a job (I had one for a few years, but again I was harassed by a male coworker who would constantly insult me. My work wouldn’t do anything so I was forced to quit).

And now today, my mom made me so mad. She wanted me to stay home and wait for a house inspector today. If the person was a woman, I would be better, but it’s a man that I do not know and the last time I was alone with a guy was when the guy jumped on top of me.

I told my mom how much this scares me and she told me that my feelings were stupid and that I need to stop being a baby and get over it. I think this is wrong for my mom to say. She, herself, was almost attacked and because of it, she now gets social security for PTSD. If anyone would know how I feel, it should be her.

I was wondering…How can I get my mom to understand my pain? Or at least be nice about it?

Btw, I’m sorry it’s so long.












The Aging Boomers Radio Show Interviews Seniors who Discuss the Challenges and Solutions of Aging



Two very knowledgeable seniors talk about their experience with assisted living, in-home care, and dementia online and radio.

(PRWeb May 30, 2012)

Read the full story at







Delicious/tag/health%20insurance





California Health Insurance & Affordable Medical Insurance Plans – Anthem Blue Cross






No comments:

Post a Comment