Monday, May 21, 2012

Open Question: Is my boyfriend too much of a momma's boy? What should I do?




Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Is my boyfriend too much of a momma's boy? What should I do?



I just need some advice here. My (fairly) long-term boyfriend is a huge momma's boy. We have been together for almost four years now, and he has expressed to me that he would like to marry me and spend the rest of his life with me, and I feel the same towards him. I love him to death. We are best friends. There is just one HUGE problem. I feel like if I marry him, I have to marry his mother too. My boyfriend is 31years old and his mother is on his bank account. She calls him to tell him everything that comes out or goes in (she watches it like a hawk!) And recently he has considered buying her a new (used) car, adding her to our cellular plan, and adding her to his health plan that he receives from his job. I'm not even on his bank account! He, for the longest time, always had the excuse that there was no need for me to be on his account because his mom was and she was able to watch it and put money in if he overdrafter...yada...yada...yada! His mom is a very nice woman and we get along just fine, but I don't want to marry her too. She makes her living cleaning hotel rooms, so she doesn't make much and doesn't have a health care plan of her own, so I can see why she needs some help. I don't mind him helping her out a bit, but we also don't really have the means to do a lot for her.

So today, when he decided that she should maybe go onto our family plan (that he pays for himself), I lost it! I was just livid! I told him I was upset because his mother was on everything with him, and I was only on his phone plan. He said to me "well, I was going to put you on my account, but now I'm sure as shit not going to." I'm just really hurt by that. He got upset because I was upset about him putting his mom on his health insurance (it wasn't just the health insurance though, it was everything all together.) He asked me if I just wanted to tell his mom to fuck off and let her die.

What should I do? What should I say to him? I'm not really the type of person who can put my feelings into words without people sometimes taking it the wrong way. Please help! Also, sorry for the long-winded story. It's a bit of a rant, I know.







Search for "health insurance"





Catholic Church goes on the offensive against Obamacare



Multiple Catholic dioceses and other institutions have filed lawsuits against the Obama administration, naming Kathleen Sebelius and Hilda Solis .







health insurance - Google Blog Search





Secretaries Duncan and Sebelius remind graduating students of ...



“The Affordable Care Act now gives students and their families peace of mind about their health insurance,” said Secretary Sebelius. “The President's health law gives hard-working, middle-class families the security they ...






No comments:

Post a Comment