Thursday, March 1, 2012

Making the Connection Between Mobile Health and Mobile Finance









Making the Connection Between Mobile Health and Mobile Finance



mHealth Alliance White Paper Provides Real-Life Examples of the Value of Connecting mHealth and mFinance

(PRWeb March 01, 2012)

Read the full story at







HubMed - health insurance





Signs of aging or the vague symptoms of ovarian cancer?



Oncol Nurs Forum. 2012 Mar 1; 39(2): E150-6
Smith A, Rocconi RP, Finan MA

Purpose/Objectives: To explore the feelings that occurred at the same time as the vague physical symptoms of ovarian cancer.Research Approach: Qualitative, descriptive methodology.Setting: University cancer institute in southeastern United States.Participants: 24 women (ages 39-78) diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Most were Caucasian, were diagnosed at stage II-III, had a college-level education, and had health insurance. Eighty-three percent did not know the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer prior to diagnosis, and 91% had no family history of the cancer.Methodologic Approach: SPSS® (version 18.0) was used to summarize the demographic characteristics and qualitative descriptive content analysis to identify and summarize themes in the narrative data.Findings: Two themes were noted in the handwritten answers provided by the women: (a) "thought symptoms were aging" and (b) "felt or knew something was not right."Conclusions: Findings demonstrate and reinforce that a need exists for education regarding signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer among the general population as well as the common providers of women's health care.Interpretation: Education campaigns on signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer and normal aging are necessary so women are empowered with knowledge and healthcare providers can suspect and evaluate the symptoms.








Search for "health insurance"





Kansas Insurance Department reminds agents of ad responsibilities



Kansas Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger is reminding life, accident and health insurance companies and their agents they must comply with advertising regulations, even if they don't directly produce their marketing materials, according to a Kansas Insurance Department "Over the last couple of years KID has experienced an increasing trend in the ... (more)







Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Should I go the emergency room as directed.?



I went to the clinic today because I don't have insurance anymore.. Besides being utterly embarrassed about going there, they won't see until they get my files from my previous doctor.. SO I signed the release form.. Well I have passed a clot that bigger than my palm Jan 23 2012 and haven't stopped bleeding since then.. Last real period was November 29th 2011.. She basically said that once they get the papers they will call me for an appointment... Well she said that I should go to the er.. Started lecturing about how us black women don't take care of yourself and blah.! And said they can't become my doctor unless I'm willing to get on birth control.. What should I do.?
The only transportation I have is my mother and I had to tell con her into taking to the health department by saying I needed a form for a new birth certificate.. I can't tell her to take me to the er.. Shes just weird.!






No comments:

Post a Comment