Sunday, May 6, 2012

Get employers out of health-insurance business - Philadelphia Inquirer




health insurance - Google News





Get employers out of health-insurance business - Philadelphia Inquirer




WWLP 22News

Get employers out of health-insurance business
Philadelphia Inquirer
Religious groups taking umbrage with a US Health and Human Services mandate that employers include birth control as part of their employees' health insurance should bring to the fore that such employer-sponsored plans are bad for all.
Health care: a debate for the decadesDaily Press
American Health Care is Sick and Needs a RemedyPatch.com
Health-insurance exchange needs supportMyCentralJersey.com
Wall Street Journal -The Salem News -St. Augustine Record
all 85 news articles »








health insurance - Yahoo! News Search Results





Singletary: Companies are dropping health care benefits



We know most people get their health insurance coverage through their jobs or through a family member's employer.







Search for "health insurance"





GOP backing Big Oil



Why are gasoline prices so high? The CEO of Exxon-Mobile stated at a congressional hearing that the cost of production of a barrel of oil was $60 to $70 a barrel.







Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Is This Right? (Retinal Detachment/Cataract/Lens/Insurance/Hospital Question)?



Let me make a very long story short and get right to the questions.

I have moved across the United States by myself at the age of 20 with no insurance covered by my parents, nor will they ever if they could.

I had a retinal detachment in my left eye. Paid out of pocket for an eye doctor appointment, he freaked out and told me to go straight to the emergency room for emergency surgery since my entire retina was detached.

After my surgery, half unconscious too, a social worker got assigned to me because I was under 21 and legally dependent on the state. So the state paid for my surgery. I had a 2nd one too because the first failed.

During my 2nd surgery I had cataracts in my eye so they removed the natural lens. And they never replaced the natural lens since they feared the retina may detach again like the first time.

But it stay together and I turned 21. So therefore, legally independent by the state. My check up appointment was after my birthday which the front desk of the eye section declared I must pay $80 for every check up visit, which they wanted me to come in every other week.

And if I did not pay, I could not go in. Due to my 6 months of surgeries and recover time I had no money, and was not working. I live with my in-laws, and they were taking care of me, but they are certainly not going to pay my medical bills.

So here I am now, age 22 and I have been working for about a year. My job does not offer health insurance until you worked for a year, and even then, there is a certain month you can sign up.

I have been walking around for over a year without a natural lens, or ANY lens in my left eye. This is in no way like being blind. My doctor had told me that if I got my license and drove, if ever in an accident, I would get in serious trouble because you are not supposed to drive this way. Not that I do, I cannot see correctly so it is wicked dangerous.

Having no lens in one eyes messes with your other eye. Hard to explain unless you have literally had this situation before. Sunlight glares into my bad eye, then into my good eye. Same with darkness or bright lights in general. I am actually very blind at night because of this.

This is literally ruining my life. I have no money to pay for insurance, or the surgery which can be easily be 10,000 dollars.

Is this legal for a county hospital to do?

I have never heard of anyone in my situation. Even the thousands of times I have googled and searched. Never heard of anyone in my shoes.

What are my rights here? Is there some way I can fight this? Where is my justice?

This is holding me back so badly in life. Please someone with real help and not a crappy site they copy and pasted, help! I need some real human help!!






No comments:

Post a Comment